View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMedsNow View Post
I have Parkinson's and I'm starting the same protocol you're using. I was curious how you were taking the D5 Mucuna 40%. Specifically, do you take it on an empty stomach, avoid protein until it's absorbed, etc. Any tips you've learned along the way would be greatly appreciated since I'm just starting this process.
Thanks
I have found the D5 Mucuna dissolves well in water but I usually use almond milk. Eating is tricky as eating too much without enough liquid slows the onset probably by delaying stomach emptying. I am not sure if protein affects it. I find that if I take it about a half hour before I eat and I don't eat too much, it works fine. Tyrosine is quite a bit less soluble so I blend it with the mucuna in almond milk or sometimes orange juice. Best of luck with the program. It has worked well for me.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote