View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 09:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Saw my PM and I'm no closer to an outcome. My PM didn't remember who I was and could offer nothing other than to refer me back to the neurosurgeon.

He did in discussion say he has a colleague who is very adept at putting the percutaneous leads in and I wondered aloud if it was worthwhile him trying to put the second lead in seeing as I only have the one. PM asked how come I only have 1 lead and I had to tell him I'm the patient he had where he spent 3 hours trying to thread it in. "Oh yes, sorry bout that" he then went on to say yes his colleague could probably do that.

Anyway I left there and I confess I would much rather a 2nd lead attempt than another fusion. I have to make an appointment to see the NS to find out what he thinks should be done, that will take maybe 2 to 3 months. So if he agrees and refers me to the new PM I can see that taking me up to the end of the year with more procedures needed in the new year.
Thanks for the update. I remembered you saying this week was supposed to be decision week, but it didn't look like it turned out that way. You would think they would look at your records before a visit, at least to familiarise themselves with the case. I can understand your thoughts on the fusion option. Can your GP give you a referral to a new PM? Might be quicker.

Phil
Rimbanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-28-2014), ger715 (06-29-2014), Hannabananna (06-28-2014), PamelaJune (06-29-2014), Rrae (07-04-2014)