View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdauthier1 View Post
Jewels,

Isn't it interesting that "Vulvodynia" is a disease with "unknown etology"(in other words, they don't know what causes it!) You are right...your problem very definitely could be coming from the Tarlov Cyst(s) you have. In the sacrum is where all of the nerves leading to the bladder, bowels, genitals, pelvic floor, legs, etc...passes through. ANYTHING compressing nerves can cause pain, nerves to "misfire", or if left compressed long enough.....one can be left with permanent nerve damage to all of those areas.

I speak from experience. Research, research, research and find the best doctor you can and sell your soul if you have to, but seek advice from a doctor who knows about these cysts!

Size doesn't rule whether or not nerves are being crushed....neither does an MRI always report the fact that one has TC's...much less report the proper size of them....some are bigger than they appear on an MRI.

Good luck,
Cathy
Thanks for your input Cathy. I unfortunately belong to an HMO but wonderful one. I've had 3 opinions now and they all say it's probably not the cause.I've gone to dozens of Drs. in the HMO and outside of it. After getting the Vulvodynia the following year I developed numb toes and burning feet and legs. Now, they say it's not connected BUT I disagree. I know my body better than them. Vulvodynia is nerve damage too.I just don't understand it. It really doesn't matter much. I get such bad reactions to all the medications for neurpathy except Gabapentin. I take 1200 for RLS since 1999 and as far as I can tell it's not helping the neuropathy. (SFN) I give up on Drs. Research, research, research!!! I especially don't like Neurolgists. They are arrogant, all of them. Thanks for letting me vent.
Jewels43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-30-2014)