View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablack74 View Post
I am from the area. My husband has Myasthenia Gravis and is seen routinely by Neurologists at VCU Health System *edit* and they have wonderful care!!! His Infusions are done there as well. It would be a bit of a drive from you from South Hill, however, they have a hospitality house where your nurse can arrange for you to come to town, check in at the hospitality house, have your infusion, stay the night (they ask for a very minimal donation if you have it but it is not expected) and go home the next day.

There are also alot of VCU physicians all over the state of Va, from Fredericksburg, to South Hill. Finding a qualified Physician should not be hard at all! And you are more likely now, to find one closer to your home and only have to travel for your IVIG infusions.

I also work for VCU so this is how I know all this information. I wish you the best and good luck with your decision on where to move and whom to connect with medically!!!
Hi ablack! May I ask who your husband sees? I live in the Richmond area and seeing a second neuro-ophthalmologist next week for a second opinion (for MG).

Thanks!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote