View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
Don't know if this therapist does this but doing abdominal massage can be amazingly beneficial.
That can be a ticklish subject...

I saw my PCP a few days ago, and he likewise commented about the rigidity/stress/tension in the muscles around my pain sites—that and what he termed as a "pain posture". Then he asked if my DW could help by massaging my neck/shoulders once in a while. We both (DW, self) laughed, because she's been doing that almost every morning for some time now, and it does help a lot. My concern is that between our aging and her own health issues, how much longer will this be possible? Daily/frequent visits with a therapist, or continuous use of muscle relaxers aren't really practical.

For reasons unknown, I woke up with a level 9 headache yesterday that wouldn't respond to any kinds of treatments. DW cranked on it as long as she could, several times, and we did locate triggerpoints that were telegraphing (difficult to find). The only reason I didn't go to the ER is the ordeal they put you through just to get a rescue shot. The cussed thing finally broke, but we're both wiped out from it today, and those trigger points are sore as usual. Small price to pay in exchange for that kind of headache.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote