View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

I'm glad the meds are working out a little better.

I take alprazolam and amitriptyline as needed too. I found that .25mg of alprazolam (the lowest dose made) is too strong for me as well, so I split them into halves or quarters, and titrate as necessary for extreme anxiety. For sleep, I only use 5 or 10 mg. of amitriptyline, and I don't take the two together or I'm wiped out the whole next day. I only take the amitriptyline for sleep, and it always makes me drowsy.

Quote:
He initially thought they were stress related...
I wouldn't necessarily rule this out yet unless you have a good reason (some other finding). The effects of stress can last long after the reason/source stops; PTSD is just one example of this. (I'm not saying I think your husband has PTSD—it's just an example of how stress effects can outlast impetus. There are other kinds of after-effects.)

If it helps, he may consider changing eating/other habits. I can't believe some of the things that have changed (that I thought never would) at this age.

Does he work at a desk/computer? Is there any neck pain involved? Did he have a virus when/just prior to the headaches coming on?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 06-28-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote