View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glenntaj, thanks for the reply.

I think I might have both length dependent and non length dependent neuropathy.
My neuropathy did not start in distal feet. I actually think the first sign was a diffuse, whole body fine vibratory feelings in cutanous tissue.

The next symptom was a vibratory feeling in mouth and lips.

Then I had urology problems such as neurogenic bladder.

I had Brachial plexus neuritis 2 years ago with extreme pain in arm muscles to the point I could not lift my left arm. I needed steroids and Percocet.

I also have cervical spondylosis and cervical herniated C 6 - 7
accompanied by left arm radiculopathy with pins and needles, tingling electrical shock like symptoms;

Then about 1 1/2 years ago the neuropathy symptoms started to really "BLAST"
with a burning feeling in cutanous tissue all over as well as mucous membranes.

Fallowing this was intense burning in feet, especially sole of feet and palms of both hands.

I have compression neuropathy such as carpal tunnel syndrome this was just diagnosed 1 year ago with EMG.

There are also long fiber, mostly sensory neuropathy in legs confirmed by EMG.

So this is the reason I am trying to find out what test I could have to establish SFN.
I already had skin bx of leg which came out negative. And this is difficult to understand , since I have horrific symptoms.
I am reading in a book by Dr. Norman Latov "Distal or length dependent polyneuropaties rarely affect the face or trunk unless the neuropathy is severe." ( these nerves are shorter}
I have had numbness and pain in my gums at the same time as the burning pain in face and scalp. I also have had twithing of left lower lip for 6 months or so.

At this point I feel I have "come to the end of my rope". I have seen several neurologists, have gotten diagnosis like Sensory motor polyneuropathy.
And the same neurologist said I had SFN as well" mostly affecting sympathetic.

I am tired of searching and looking things up.

I have gotten a new neurologist that I hope will help with further dx, due to the fact that I have several neurological condition.
I think he has ordered new nerve testing in form of NCS EMG and Evoked potential.
What other neuro test should I ask for??? ( my rheumatologist is actually the only one that is treating me now. She periodically does blood test for other autoimmune disorders (I already have RA, OA and vasculitis)

Thanks for reading
Synnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote