View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm coming to this thread late, but I did want to offer my opinion. I would suggest you get tested for lyme disease as soon as possible. Your symptoms could definitely be attributed to untreated lyme.

The way I like to explain it, the bacteria, or spirochetes (the form they take once they are in the body) 'play' around with our 'wiring', wreaking havoc in multiple systems. When it invades the brain and central nervous system, it becomes 'neuroborrelliosis'.

I went 36 years with untreated lyme before I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago. During that time, the spirochetes did a number on my heart, my lungs, my ears, my sinuses, my immune system, and finally, my brain and nervous system. My diagnoses include Sjogren's, Benign PVCs, Tinnitus, Asthma, Peripheral Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and now Ankylosing Spondylitis (there are other diagnoses, but you get the point).

Try to find a lyme literate physician if you can (LLMD). The tests are not good at picking up bacteria that have been hiding in your body for years...I took the Western Blot and only had one band show up (the medical profession says you have to have FIVE bands in order to be diagnosed with lyme), but my doctor knew better and immediately started treating me for it. I'm still not well, and it's been 2 1/2 years. There are also co-infections which often accompany lyme disease which could also be affecting you, like babesia and bartonella. Turns out I had babesia which didn't show up on the blood test, but which was nevertheless there and was responsible for the headaches, night sweats and severe, body shaking chills I had been experiencing.

I recommend reading 'Why Can't I Get Better?: Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease by Richard Horowitz'. I have it and am still reading it (as I am able--my attention span is now terrible). He is considered one of the leading authorities on lyme disease today.

Good luck, and I hope you find a path to restored health.
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote