View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, Mokey, I almost laughed and cried because I do this all the time. I have three children so I had to come up with systems to change. Kids were being left at school, and it was becoming a safety issue!

I have an iPhone, and I program it with alerts everyday. Where I parked the car even becomes an event in the calendar. I create and event called car and I put in the pin with the address!

I put the MRI appointment date, time and address as soon as I get the piece of paper in the mail or I am schedule at the doctor's office, because I know that I will put that piece of paper down and file it away to oblivion.

I have a calendar with pockets and I file the information associated with the appointment for that month in the pocket.

A friend who has MS told me about another system which has been very helpful:

1. Write down everything in a calendar as soon as it comes in the mail.
2. Everday write down your to do list on a note card and rubber band it to your iPhone
3. Cross off your to do list. What you don't finish, write on your next day's list.

Even when I was first at home and never left, this was important, because the days blended into each other, and I forgot everything. Grocery lists, doctor's appointments, where kids were, etc.

It's so hard! We use to be able to keep everything inside our noggin! Now nothin' is inside the noggin! My Aunt says that's the key to happiness!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (06-28-2014), Mokey (06-28-2014), music-in-me (06-28-2014), Sitke (06-28-2014)