View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I missed the same appointment 4 times a few months ago, so I totally understand.

What I had to do was buy a big calendar and hang it above my laptop. A planner no longer works for me because I forget to check it.

Anyway, I cross things off each time as I complete them. I am able to remember to look at the calendar daily because it's in an area of the house that I frequent. I use a bold black marker to write things so that I can see them easily.

I write down the bills, too, or I completely forget to pay them. I used to do automatic debits, but then I'd forget to put money in the bank. I left an uncashed check on my desk for months.

I also email myself reminders, set timers, and tell friends and family members what my plan are. That way, when they say, "You're going to see your doctor today, right?", I can pretend I didn't forget lol.

I still have problem with my meds and supplements. I often forget if I take them. I'm thinking about labeling Ziploc bags with the date and then throwing them away each day (the empty baggies).

I cried last week because I spent 20 minutes looking for my keys...that were on a lanyard around my neck. Sigh.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (06-28-2014), Mokey (06-28-2014), music-in-me (06-29-2014), Sitke (07-01-2014)