Thread: How hot is hot?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sonomagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemayhem View Post
Hi Kim. This is my first summer with generalized MG. I'm finding that temps over 80 seem to be my tipping point. I can run errands for about 2 hours, then it's get home quickly, totally exhausted. It then takes up to 2 days to recover.
My Neuro advised me to stay indoors, turn the air on, and go outside only when absolutely necessary.
If you're used to being active with boundless amounts of energy, this new 'norm' is very hard to accept.
Good luck to you! Here's to counting the days till fall.
Thanks for your input. I am a new MG person since November 2013. I had IVIG infusion for 5 days just 2 weeks ago. . After about 4-5 days I felt wonderful. Still on 180 MG of Mestonin a day and 180 MG of time span release Mestonin . Very much a outdoor person and on the water frequently. It will be 2 weeks Monday since I finished IVIG. In the meantime we have been in the Keys with family for a birthday celebration . Did great in the pool, etc. kept up my daily naps and early to bed. For the first time in my life my ankles and legs became so swollen
and became very congested and severe wheezing by the time we reached home last night. Today in bed, elevated legs and used my nebulizer 3 times. Swelling is better but not completely. Congestion has continued.
Has anyone else had any swelling of limbs in conjunction with respiratory problems? My neuro is not on call. Any suggestions or responses will be helpful.
Thank you from Savannah Ga.
Sonomagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-02-2014)