View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

I always "give" equipment away. I never sell it. Insurance is so ridiculous and sometimes it is so hard for people to get the equipment that they need. And I didn't pay for it in the first place, so I'm sure not going to start charging people for it My son had a $2300 tricycle and last Christmas I was able to give it to a 8 year old little girl that otherwise would not have been able to ride a bike. She always had to sit and watch her brothers ride and she couldn't because she didn't have the balance. I was standing with her mother while she watched her ride it down the street with her brothers and watched her mother cry because she thought she'd never get to see that joy on her daughter's face. It was an awesome feeling!!

Dory, probably next week I will also have an electric wheelchair to give away, although for some reason, yesterday, it stopped working. Do you know any places around her that repair and recycle them?

Last edited by Chemar; 04-29-2008 at 07:11 AM. Reason: edited at members request
MistyLT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote