View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Don't we all sound over 100?

Just last night I set my alarm so I could get up and sit in the car to watch some of my daughters practice. Checked the planner on the iPhone and set the alarm for 11:00 am. Practice started at 10:00!

I have a binder for a memory book. In the beginning it was great. Now it's fulllll and it's to overwhelming to organize.

I put all appointments in my iPhone immediately with alerts. My husband will check when he thinks of it to make sure I've entered it correctly. I now show the receptionists at my appointments and they check. Good people trying to help me be successful.

I make notes and tape stuff in well used areas. I make piles for my husband. I can't do bills and banking anymore (that was my task prior) because of my frequency of errors.

Like Hokey, my drs keep my appts same day and time each week. Reallllly helps. I missed many that were on different days/times. I've shown up and they give me that look...wrong day. My OT office calls if it's an odd appt day/time.

We also have two magnetic white boards on the side do the fridge with different color markers. On Sunday we write down all activities for the week and each person is a different color. I think I got the boards at Walmart 10" x 12"

My mom takes me to many appts now that she is retired. We always forget where the car is. Now I take a picture.

I like the ideas in here! In teaching we steal, beg, and borrow items and ideas in free fashion helping each other to help our kids succeed. Just like here!

Jenna

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
berkeleybrain (06-29-2014), Mokey (06-29-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-29-2014), music-in-me (06-29-2014), Sitke (07-01-2014)