View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sensitive to road bumps ? Anyone here with this?

Do concussed people always have to worry about multiple impact syndrome or they recover from that risk after a certain period like a year or so ? Ofcourse I am not talking about hard jolts or impacts like in go carting or football or any contact sports. I will never ever in my life think about playing any sport. I am talking about minor day to day impacts like road bumps while riding or driving a car. My brain right now is very sensitive to these small impacts such that I am stuck inside the home and not able to go out at all. Even long gentle walks seem to affect the symptoms somewhat, or maybe I think so.

I am noticing recovery, very very slow but recovering. I don't feel the impact of these road bumps if I have stayed at home for like 4 days at a stretch and then got out for a car ride. But then gradually I begin feeling those impacts after an hour or so if I have gone for a long drive in my car. Maybe I am not giving my brain enough time to get over it completely ?

My concern is whether I will be able to completely get over this feeling? I don't mind giving it a year and even stop driving my car for a while. I have read stories of people getting over this symptom in 6 months. But I kinda need reassurance cuz I am worrying a lot. It's been 3 months since the concussion and this symptom wasn't there at all in the first week and came on gradually after I noticing an uncomfortable feeling on roads while in the car!

What's the difference better sun concussive impacts and multiple impact syndrome? Can anyone give an example? Thank you
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Johnkarol (10-27-2020)