View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sitke,

I'm no Dr. but I've epilepsy for 42 yrs. and what you are describing sound like you are having absence (petit mal) seizures (sz.) and that's when a person stares and has a daydream look on their face for a few seconds and then they don't remember anything that has happened. I've had this type of sz. since I was a kid. When you are on the computer and start to see colors that trigger a possible sz. that's because you may be photosensitive which means certain colors can cause a person to have sz. I had a special e.e.g. done a few yrs. ago where the Dr. had different color strobe lights flashing at one time and by doing that they found out what colors were triggering sz. for me.
If you have lesions there's a possibility that this is what is causing your sz. I have 2 bi lateral lesion on each temporal lobe and that's what is causing my sz. Before my sz. started I got migraine headaches and that in turn led to my epilepsy. My advice to you is to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. for adult 500 mcg. for kids once a day this helps calm the nerves down. Also cut back on the starch and carbs and stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it like diet soda because it has been proven that NutraSweet can cause more electrical activity in the brain and sometimes trigger sz.
Also get a calendar and write down any time you may have had a sz. along with a description of what happened by doing this your Dr. may see a pattern in the sz. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that trigger sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (06-30-2014), Sitke (06-30-2014)