View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I still have a long way to go in my recovery, but things are getting better. I want to share something that happened today that made me really happy, plus a little background info:

Before the concussion, I was a full-time writer with a heavy workload. Writing was very easy for me, and I made decent money doing it.

After the concussion, my client list got smaller and smaller. I went from making $350+ a day to struggling to finish $20 of work. I would cry because my head would throb as I attempted to read the detailed project instructions from my clients. I could no longer comprehend most of the project descriptions, and I'd spend hours doing tasks that used to take me 15 minutes.

I'm working on a big project now for a well-known retailer. This retailer is known for being extremely picky, and I was terrified to begin the project. I know a few other writers who had work rejected by this client.

I finished up most of the project yesterday, and I found it easy. And fun! That's a big deal for me these days.

I woke up this morning to a message stating that I did a good job. Wow! I couldn't believe it.

I will say that my neck is now killing me and I am typing with one eye closed lol, but knowing that I am able to do my job well again makes me incredibly happy. I feel like I will be able to have a full-time writing career again in the future.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bh_pcs (11-12-2014), Lara (08-26-2014), music-in-me (06-29-2014), poetrymom (08-27-2014), thorx89 (09-11-2014), Tom from Queens (07-01-2014)