Thread: Lesions
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbo887 View Post
Wow thats crazy. Im glad he is cancer free, that is amazing!

About the lesions, I finally found out thats why the Dr is ordering the MRI. Hes looking for scar tissue that might of formed after the incident 7 months ago. He told me that evidently it takes anywhere between 6-9 months for scar tissue in the brain to harden. Says its a long shot because the ct scan never showed a brain bleed, but he needs to rule it out. Says if there is scar tissue that would be the reason the seizures developed starting at the very end and early start of month 5 and 6.
Well that would make sense as to why my problems are getting worse... My body produces an exorbitant amount of collagen and therefore more scar tissue than a normal person... I asked in the beginning if this would be an issue and my GP said no... I am guessing that is not the case... I hope my latest MRI shows something that explains this!

What does the scar tissue do to the brain?
The Start: MVA, t-boned, on 1-12-14 (my sons 5th birthday) and did not think anything of it.. my back hurt on site but everything else seemed ok. Lost about 10-12 hours from about 3 hours after the accident to the next day...Experienced terrible brain fog for over a month, plus intense headaches, nausea, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, disorientation, no short term memory, depression and just an overall hangover feeling daily.

Current Situation: I'm about 7 months in and my local neurologist has waived her white flag and therefore I am headed to Dallas to be seen (I have family there). The headaches are still daily. I have nausea, dizziness as well.

Drugs I have been on- Vicodin (off), Naproxen (off), proanolol (off), topamax (off), cataflam (off), Midrin (off), Flexeril (off) and now Namenda XR (off), Nortrptylin (off), Verapamil (off)

Therapy- Osteopath, Vestibular and balance therapy, fuzion/soft tissue massage, acupuncture

Drs- ER (no help), GP, Chiropractor, Neurologist and Osteopath
SarahSmile0205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote