View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, we made it through and it's OVER. Thank God.

It worked out well getting to the hospital really early as Becca was less likely to sleep there than being at home. I know Zoe is younger - I highly suggest no stroller for her. To tempting for sleep.

I brought a duffle bag of things to do to distract her from the exhaustion and hunger (color wonder marker books and paper, crayons and coloring books, books, a game, a couple of her favorite little dolls/toys, etc...). We also just explored the hospital and rode the elevator A LOT and the escalators too. She liked to push the buttons herself. And when she would look on the edge of dozing, I would offer to play tag or hide and seek to get her up and moving again. We were there 3.5 hours early. Mainly to miss DC traffic though. During the wait at hospital, we also went back to the car and watched a short kids movie together to pass more time.

Getting the probes on in the state she was in was awful. She kicked the tech hard in the shoulder. The tech had to leave. No matter how much I prepare and bribe Becca, and think that she is willing to cooperate - she freaks out when it comes time to do it. They could not even do the accurate mapping. . . just glued them on. Then it was fairly smooth sailing. Becca eventually fell asleep with me on the table with her. She woke and had a seizure (she had two the night before and three before the EEG due to the sleep deprivation - also one still this morning). This was the only time I was ever relieved to see her have one - when having the EEG - so they have it recorded now. I feel the sleep deprivation was key to this - as miserable as it was.

We went to the park at dark, target to get a new little mermaid doll (and I let her chow some m&m's in the car so she'd stay awake to and from target!), ate a big meal at midnight of her favorites, and then I let her sleep for just over 3 hours with me (she was seizing lots and I was worried about status one). I then woke her, gave her a bath again, went to park again, and off we went with the DVD player blasting and windows down to DC. She stayed awake!

I hope it goes as well for you all, overall. It is a pain - but at least they might be able to get some answers to treat Zoe's specific case better.

Keep us posted!

Hugs,
Kathleen
kathleenandjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote