View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thought I'd drop by with an update. I went back to the endodentist after my steroids were finished and he still thinks it is TN. He referred me to a neurologist. I'm suspicious. I barely have anything other than pain in my back molar, although now it is upper and lower, and in my ear. I have also been getting terrible headaches on the same side, and awful neck and shoulder pain. My Chiro thinks it's occipital neuralgia. Obviously with these two diagnoses I've been feeling very depressed lately.

Anyway, I went to a deep tissues massage therapist on Friday, and she massaged my jaw, from the inside and out. It was really weird, but afterwards I felt as though my jaw could move more than it has since my wisdom teeth were removed a couple of years ago. Since then, the tooth pain remains, but is nothing like described in anything I have read about TN, and the daily headaches have gone. I know it's only been two day but I'd had headaches for two months. Every single day. I can also move my neck more than I have been able to in a couple of years. I'm hopeful that given some more massage and rest, all this will be the result of TMD, and totally curable.

Thanks for your support.
Popple is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (07-17-2014)