View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Odd eye event--new to me!

I had an eye problem many years ago and it was what got me an MRI and other diagnostic tools. I had a blind spot and double vision then.

This is very different, what I had last night. It could have been from too long use of computer and glancing sideways at the computer because I was too lazy to move the chair. Suddenly everything in my field of vision was like a "fun house" or "hall of mirrors" where I had at least 4 images seen at the same time, but that is putting it too simply. It was like the images were stirred up. I could not really see anything, except as pieces of a fragment.
Color and intensity were not affected.
This lasted about 20 minues and the aftereffects were a somewhat sore eye and right cheekbone, and some eye dimness for the rest of the day, but it went away by the next afternoon.
I went to the ER but after they gave me some usual tests for heart they wanted to do a CAT scan. By that time my eye was improving and I knew that if I had a scan every time I had a neuro problem, it would be more than Medicare would pay for. Anyway, I'm not absolutely sure they will pay after I refused the CAT scan, and didn't sign the paper saying I refused treatment, because I had had several tests done, including blood pressure, heart and heart rate, and all the usual grip tests for stroke. I will try to see if the pcp wants to give me an MRI. I don't like CAT scans because their radiation is 600 times that of a chest x ray, but the unfriendly doctor said I was not thinking right because at my age I didn't have a lot of life to preserve anyway. My reason for not having a scan was not to live longer, but to live better what time I do have, but no use discussing that with her.

Anyway, I will look carefully at the screen from now on, cover my eye during some of TV watching, etc. Rest it more.
I already have a yearly appt. with the eye doc for Wednesday, but she has always said it's something neuro in my brain, not in the eye....maybe something different this time.
It was "extreme" or I would not have called 911.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-03-2014), Natalie8 (07-01-2014), SallyC (06-29-2014), tkrik (06-29-2014)