View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 08:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default X-Ray pics - maybe new insight on post extraction complications

Bryanna,

I have managed to get my pre and post op X-rays from the oral surgeon. Would you take a look at them and let me know what you think? I am having a debate with myself to decide whether I should call my dentist and ask her if she did a proper debridement of the areas after the extractions. I am sure she did as there was time in between each extraction where I did not know what she was doing. She wasn't good at all about explaining anything to me with each appointment either before, after or during the surgery. Wouldn't I be showing symptoms of infection by now if she had not properly cleaned the area? Maybe the X-rays will shed some light?

Also I am very confused with tmj and grinding/clenching. As I said I don't ever recall having any of these issues before these extractions. Has the trauma of the extractions led to tmj and the clenching? I do not think I am grinding. I have not had the total mouth/teeth pain in weeks and that only happened a couple of times. I am just having the pain/discomfort on the extraction side sometimes the whole bottom jaw but rarely. I do have that other wisdom tooth on the bottom jaw it has not broken through yet. Also the top back tooth on the extraction side is a wisdom tooth. Sometimes I feel fine and sometimes I just ache. My neck, ear, cheek. It seems when I turn my head to the left it irritates it more....especially the neck. Only on the extraction side really. The side of my neck and the back of my neck. I have tried some of the at home remedies for clenching and tmj. Sleeping on my back doesn't seem to make a difference. Applying wet heat doesn't either. I am taking it easy with eating and working the jaw too much. I have noticed that I am clenching even during the day. I have never done this before. I am wondering if it is trauma and if it will resolve itself once my jaw heals. I just have no way of knowing how bad the jaw is hurt. Maybe the X-rays show something? I know the constant worry is not helping me here and probably causes me to clench more. I have been reminding myself throughout the day to relax. It is just hard when it is 2 months later and you're still in discomfort. I also cannot settle the fears of infection setting in.

Bryanna can you take a look at the X-rays and let me know your thoughts? I may have to post two replies to send over both xrays. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
New issues after extraction 6 weeks ago - Bryan's can you help again?-image-jpg  
Ughthedentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote