Thread: Gyrostim
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I disagree- I've spoken to real patients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Dr Carrick's protocols have been discussed many times. Do a search for Carrick and chiropractic neurology on this forum.

The Gyrostim machine appears to have good benefits for some and no benefits for others. There are likely liability releases that must be signed and maybe even Non Disclosure Agreements since patents, protocol and clinical research info would be proprietary.

A way I, personally, use my scam meter is simple. Anecdotal evidence aside, if the promoter promotes the device and protocol in violation of FDA guidelines, I become very skeptical. FDA guideline outlaw promoting a device for use to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical condition until proper studies are completed and FDA medical device approval is final.

Regarding people discussing it on FB or Twitter as being a scam, very few people will speak up. Often, they are embarrassed because they feel foolish. Many just don't have the time or drive to speak up. That is why scams continue to flourish.

If it were me, I would not spend money that was needed elsewhere or that put me in debt. If one can afford to spend the money without it causing a financial hardship. it may be worth the effort. I would suggest exhausting other protocols first.

soccer715 and drich,

What symptoms are you struggling with the most ?
What are you doing to try to alleviate those symptoms ?

I have to differ. I have spoken personally to to three patients, who I've located myself. One patient was the daughter of a Yale surgeon. I located the surgeon, Dr. Barbara Kinder, and emailed her. She said that there are many critics due to the fact that there are not double blind studies and she said that with patients like this, who are so unique, it is almost impossible to perform them.

She strongly recommended Carrick. She credits him with her daughter's recovery after a double concussion that left her disabled for over a year. She said that the follow up care is excellent, her daughter was able to call and ask questions any time. She said she never saw that kind of attention from traditional doctors. She also went on to say that if, after the evaluation, Dr. Carrick does not believe he can help, he will say so.

After missing a year of school, her daughter Caitlin returned, completed a law degree, and became a gold medalist in women's hockey.

I've seen 30+ doctors, done vestibular rehab for over a year, OT, PT, craniossacral therapy, medications, vision therapy.. They were of negligible benefit. I'm going to Dr. Carrick.
beverlyz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote