View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktheslick View Post
Hello,

I just had my surgery for a 1st Rib Resection on June 24th. I went with Dr. Gelabert at UCLA. He was amazing!! Honestly I am having the best recovery and his bedside manner is great. I trust him with anything. He was recommended to me by a friend who is a nurse and has worked with him. She only spoke of great things and from the first meeting I knew i had a good surgeon. You need to do a lot of your research. I also looked on these forums and couldnt find anyone had anything bad to say about him. All were great recovery times like 7 day and "I Feel Great"s. He did a great job of stitching and i am having no complications. He didnt nick any nerves and i am confident to say that in 2 weeks i will have a clean bill of health. I recommend Him!. He is at UCLA. UCLA wasnt a great hospital with great nurses but Gelabert is a gem!
Thanks for this. I liked hm alot when I went to him for a consultation, better than the other docs in L.A. If I were to choose surgery and didnt want to travel I would go with him. Do you live in the L.A. area? I would like to hear about your recovery and if/when you can go back to your regular work so please keep us posted. He had told me he has a 90% success rate. JKL
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote