View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Eve! I'm sorry you are in such limbo. You would think, being the 21st century, that medicine would be more evolved than this, but the more you go to doctors for help, the more you realize how much they really don't know, and that alot of it is pure guesswork.

I'm also sorry that you haven't found a doctor who will just treat you based on your symptoms...the saying 'where there's smoke, there's fire' applies here. When I didn't meet the 'official' criteria for lyme disease, my doctor used my symptoms plus my remembrance of the EM rash (which occurred when I was 14 years old), to begin my treatment. He then used my CD57 number, which was predictably low, as well as my herxheimer reaction to the antibiotic treatment, to confirm the diagnosis he had made. I wish you could find a doctor who would do the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsure81 View Post

Myasthenia would explain my facial droop and muscle fatigue/weakness - but Lyme would explain why I feel so ill, why I am pale, nauseous, need to lie down, motion sickness, headache, difficulty finding words...the list goes on!....and my persistent Costochondritis...and maybe even explain my "Bulky Salivary Glands" on my MRI!

Bell's Palsy is another possible explanation for the facial droop, and it is a common occurrence with neuroborrelliosis (late stage lyme).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2751922/

In the absence of your physicians treating you with antibiotics, you could begin treating yourself with a variety of herbs that have proven antibiotic/anti-inflammatory actions. Grapefruit seed extract is often suggested by llmds to be taken concurrently with antibiotics (my doctor recommended it). Samento and Banderol are two herbs that have been shown in a laboratory to kill lyme bacteria. Here's the article discussing it:

http://www.townsendletter.com/July2010/sapi0710.html

You can purchase it at Amazon, but there may be other places which sell it.

I do hope you can find a physician who will help you. Unfortunately, we need their cooperation in our quest to restore our health, and sometimes they are reluctant to join us in our journey. I saw many, many doctors over the 36 years I went undiagnosed, and no one took enough interest in me to help me get to the root cause of my illnesses until I met my current physician. Wishing you the best!
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote