Thread: getting tested
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi kittyloki,

Welcome to the forum! I've had all the testing you have had and my Dr. found bi lateral lesions on both the right and left temporal lobe which in turn caused my sz. (seizure). Abuse can often lead to epilepsy just from the trauma of the abuse. I work with kids who have been physically abused along with kids who have emotional or physical disabilities.
When I was a kid 10 yrs. old (51 now) I started having migraine headaches and then that lead to absence and complex partial sz. for me. My best advice to you is to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and have your family Dr. refer you to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and can find the problem causing the sz. along with giving you the least amount of meds.
I have 2 family member that have had aneursyms not to mention brain tumors but after having testing done I found out this is not what caused my sz. it was all from trauma.
Get a calendar and write down when you start and stop your monthly cycle and anytime you may have had a sz. along with anytime you get headaches. Write down what time it happened along with a description of the sz. by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in your possible sz. and they could be happening do to hormones changing every month and also if there's a low pressure in the weather that will often cause headaches for me not to mention sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote