View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Confused severe pain from extraction/graft

On June 24th I had two teeth pulled #13 & #14 - the infection was very bad - and he had me on antibiotics for well over a week prior to extracting the teeth. he also put in a drain, which was removed a few days before the extraction.

The first day and a half I stayed home from work and I was taking percoset for the pain (the painkilled which he prescribed for me)

Upon returning to work, I am unable to take heavy duty pain killers because they make me very fuzzy.

I have been taking 3 motrin every 4 hours, however nothing is helping.

The pain goes from throbbing to aching to stabbing every few minutes. Today as soon as I got into work, the pain had gotten to be the worst it's been (even since before the extractions and grafts)

I called my Oral Surgeon and he said due to the amount of graft he had to put in that my pain is normal.

However, I don't feel my pain is normal. In addition to the severe pain today i'm experiencing nausea and dizzyness and i'm very weak and tired.

I work in an office and i'm on the phone all day - talking makes it hurt so much more.

Any suggestions at all would be much appreciated - i'm on the verge of tears at my desk.
AntoinetteP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote