View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post
I have the Exact symptoms you do, including the knobby bit. My chiropractor suggesting it was occipital neuralgia. I went to see a deep tissue massage therapist about some neck pain I have been having and she massaged my mouth and where my skull and neck meet. I felt 75% better after that. I haven't had a headache in 4 days. I just got back from another chiropractic appointment where he adjusted my c2 and both told me the same thing - even though the pain is in the left side, my right side is so tense it is causing my left to compensate. Hopefully a couple more appointments to each and I should be fine. So, whilst I believed I had ON, and had your exact symptoms, it's not seeming to be anything more than a temporary problem with my spine and jaw. Obviously, I don't know how things will end up, but right now, for the first time in months, my days are almost back to normal and are largely pain free.
I am so glad to learn that you have reduced pain, i would wish that to everyone! My only problem is: Have you had an examination by a neurologist or neurosurgeon that is equal to being treated by a chiropractor(DC)? While a DC can 'manipulate' your body so you feel better, usually the treatment only lasts for a short while requiring you to return to your DC for further "treatments", they do not find the root cause of your neck/head pain. it is easy to say that 'tense(ness)' can cause the pain but usually pain is the cause of the tenseness! It is the body's attempt to stop the movements that are irritating the joint/nerves. Obviously, I am not a believer in chiropractic as i have worked in the medical industry all my working life and understand the differences between traditional medicine and chiropractic. By the way, two of three of our adult children use chiropractors even with the knowledge our family has a genetic tendency to spinal arthritis!
Murfisto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote