Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Whatever it is we have...

That is the key...what we do about it is key as well. The meds we take, come with LOTS of cautions. Don't start at full dose, don't stop suddenly...may cause side effects [some truly nasty], Do take regularly...Never an explanation of the why's of it all.

Jack just go hug your wife, tell her she's a HERO!! Especially for putting up with you and plain old let Her tell You what she's been feeling throughout your whole onset and search for diagnoses and treatments...Then AFTER you have let her put out her take on things [be really patient here, please...give her a chance] let her know how and what all YOU have been feeling about how folks react to you and why you feel that way...
People around us neuropathy folks simply do NOT know what to say! Unless they have experienced any form of chronic pain[s], they simply have no frame of reference! Folks who care really, simply don't know what to do!
Complaining doesn't do much...except turn folks off or scare them...turn it to some constructive outlets...getting educated and then educating is one option.
Mood swings? Well, going 'on' then 'off' of such meds as we often take have very serious and irreversable consequences...I have been trying to find research papers about the s/e's of a sudden withdrawal of 'neurotropic' medications and the effects/affects on personality and function...I see no documented research anywhere other than anecdotal and in the medical/pharmacy fields a straight out DO NOT DO THAT! Not responsible for consequences if not done under a doc's guidance. In other words analyse what sets you off and what soothes you down...where are there consistencies and triggers? You really need to work with those who live with you and love you, so that they have even a little idea of what you are feeling and what all that causes in the way you deal with and react to them at any given time...
I am surprised at times that my own husband hasn't given up on me...He didn't understand at all until his own diabetes gave him a little bit of neuropathy...Now I am NOT an advocate of anyone else ever having to experience the pain I have, but, I am certainly grateful that he's had an appetizer of my main meal...so to speak. We do what we can, in the limits of what we can do. Accepting that there are limits and learning what they are is next...Then living with it ...well, it progresses according to your plain old stubborness to go with any given program...You can always change 'programs' but give each one six months TRULY AND DOCUMENTED by regimen...before switching to another...otherwise one can and does get classified as 'neurotic' - I don't think you are...you hurt and are trying to get relief...keep in mind there are no quick fixes...I learned that early on... and I did go thru a mourning period of what I WAS...and have sort of reinvented myself...At times I like what I see, others not. We are HUMAN...don't forget that!

Now go hug that special person and TALK! Really talk, let all the pains of the pains come out. Get those poisons out and start to heal - ideally together. - - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote