View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default also helped by gluten-free

My symptoms were similar to New Life's. I was relieved of 80% of my small fiber neuropathy by going gluten free. However, it took me nearly a year to get to this point. I had to ban gluten from my house, get rid of all of my teflon and wooden cutting boards/utensils, clean out my oven and toaster oven, and stop eating at other people's houses and most restaurants (cross-contamination). I learned how to recognize all the forms of gluten in packaged food and which companies I could trust to accurately disclose all gluten. I eat not one speck of it. The tiniest exposure can bring back a pain flare.

I am over 50 and have had odd neurological symptoms off and on for decades. When the neuropathy began, I began to see that I had some kind of auto-immune thing going on. I went to many doctors, even a gastroenterologist. Not one mentioned gluten. I suffered horribly until I searched and searched and found the answer thanks to helpful people online. If I had found the answer when I was younger, I am sure I would not still have so many residual problems. I am just starting a no-dairy diet, also, to see if that is also contributing to my problems.
pepper999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Breia Lee (07-02-2014), mrsD (07-02-2014)