View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my favorite animals

Well, Rae, I have two sweet doggies and I am a grandmother to eight very nice granddogs, so you can tell I like dogs a lot. I also really like cats but I don't have any right now. Where I live is a sort of wild place and it is dangerous for cats because sometimes things outdoors eat them. But my last cats were very smart and didn't get eaten and lived to be very very old cats.

I have some favorite animals outdoors, too. My very favorites are the bears. I like to see them, sometimes I see a Mama bear and her little baby bear. Sometimes, though, they are kind of naughty and come into my garden and sit on my berry bushes or steal food from my birdfeeders. I know that they are hungry, so I don't mind too much. I was very cross one year though because the bear broke the birdfeeder and that would be like inviting someone to dinner and having them break the dishes. You wouldn't like that, would you? They are eating a lot now because they will soon go find a winter bed and then they will sleep all winter. I won't see them again until spring.

I also have favorite birds. When the eagles fly over my house and my garden, or sit in a tree by the water, they make me feel so happy. Sometimes I wish I could just wave my arms and rise into the air to ride on the wind the way they do.

So now you can tell me what your favorite animals are. Isn't life full of wonderful things, even if we hurt, we can always look around and find something to make us happy. Hugs, Nancy
sunflower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote