View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Mrs. D,

Thank you for your reply. But I really hope you're not right.... RSD would be the worst I could imagine. I mentioned RSD once to my neurologist, but he couldn't make sense of it in my case because my initial pain was just a little annoying but not very painful stinging near the tailbone (I could do everything I did before at that time and didn't need medication) and I hadn't any other symptoms like swelling, redness, increased sweating, hot or cold feeling.

I should add to my story that my father has a form of PN too. He can feel less than normal vibration and has high CRP in his blood. He had a prostate operation and after that he developed burning in his arms. Since last year, his symptoms got worse and now he has burning legs at night and tingling and pins and needles all over his body, just like me. This brought me to the conclusion that maybe the two of us had a kind of immune reaction to surgery. I found an article on the internet which stated that this was a possibility when neuropathy developed after surgery in other locations than where the surgery was performed. Of course, there is a hereditary component in all this too.

I really hope so much there is something that can be done about my condition... I'm only 31 and like I said, before the injection I was a healthy person. But I guess that doesn't count much when you would develop RSD. I really hope it's not RSD.
Dutchgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote