View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry Soccer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
to be perfectly honest, i think rick was an interesting and knowledgeable poster and he added to the board. but for me, there is no general sinemet warning here since we really don't know what he was taking and whether it hastened his death, that is pure speculation and i've never read any study specifically linking lowered life span to sinemet - to pd, absolutely. sinemet allows us to live longer, imagine not having it.
i only say this because i'd hate to see someone avoid sinemet based on what is being posted on this thread.
which part of :

"Wanda talked about him having mild hallucinations and how Rick would shake his head in disbelief and say how sinemet will do him in someday".

"The hallucinations, mild at first, became more intense. She clearly thinks these were effects of the sinemet and besides the hallucinations, Rick was his normal self. She also believes that sinemet is the reason he took his own life March 6th 2014."

do you not see as a general Sinemet warning.

I am not a Neuro, neither are you (I assume) and as such I agree that we are not qualified to offer definitive advise concerning Sinemet dosage.

However we both have PD and we both take Sinemet (or equivalent), and as such we are both qualified to comment on the impact of PD drugs on ourselves and other PWP.

My comment from Rick's death:

respect Sinemet dosage, respect the benefits of Sinemet but be aware of the dark side of Sinemet, and always discuss your dosage with a professional before making significant dosage alterations.

If this cautionary approach helps just one PWP then the message from Rick will not have been for nothing.

Take care,
Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote