View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sitke,

I'm wondering if the amount of serotonin that's out there is causing the possible sz. and headaches. I told my Dr. that I have more sz. in the fall and winter compared to the spring and summer and he told me it was do to the amount of serotonin. Some people have fewer sz. and headaches when there's more serotonin while others have a lot of headaches and sz. when there's more serotonin it just depends on the person and their body chemistry. My Dr. calls this "seasonal sz."
From what you are describing to me it sounds like you are having possible absence sz. (petit mal) and I've had this kind of sz. for 42 yrs. I will feel tired and confused for a few seconds after the sz. is over and it's hard for me to remember what happened or what I was doing after the sz. is over but then it all comes back to me after a few seconds. The best way to describe it is someone whose had a few to many drinks and they don't remember driving home. It's like amnesia.
If you have a hard time sleeping you may want to ask your Dr. to do a sleep study on you along with an e.e.g. by doing this they can tell if you are having sz. in your sleep or if you have a sleep disorder which can sometimes cause epilepsy like sleep apnea does. As I mentioned in an earlier post if you have noticed colors are triggering your sz. it tells me you are photosensitive and certain colors are triggering the sz. Just try and get some rest and if you feel stressed out but you like music listen to some music they have found that music calms the nerves. I love the 1970's and early 1980's those were the good old days. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote