Thread: How hot is hot?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sonomagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Hi, Kim. Too hot is relative and it only matters what your threshold is.

It's not only the heat, but the humidity and how much you do while in it. And how many days in a row you do activities in it.

I personally hate anything over 70. If there's a breeze, maybe a bit higher.

Sonomagirl, You need your breathing evaluated by a pulmonologist right away. You might even need a cardiologist. Please, don't delay.

Annie
Thanks Annie and everyone else out there trying to figure things out and off help! I would not know the questions to ask if Annie and others were not on this site.
Update- neurologist ran a full panel for the metabolic, and blood work for kidney function. My pulmonary doctor saw me today. He was not getting my messages and had no ideal that his office had been speaking to and ordering medications since late April. All the changes in insurance had me communicating with PA's etc. He took full responsibility. Did a chest X-ray and pulmonary function test. X-Ray ok, function test not. My rescue inhaler was not helping during a asthma flair which had been once a year until the last 2.3 months. Swelling which he agreed had never occurred is believed to be an after effect from the IVIG. Started me back on a heavy dose protocol of prednisone. Hate the stuff but it does work in my case. See him again in3 weeks if not sooner if needed. New everyday inhaler for maintenance. He wants to review everything with my neurologist and discuss possible weakening in my chest wall muscles. Concerned that the rescue enhancer nor treatments made any improvement. In the meantime naps, indoors majority of the time and continue my MG meds.
I'm a lucky person to have doctors willing to work together.
I continue to learn from your postings Annie and Pingpongman plus many
others. Thank you! Without all of you this would be a little more lonely in this process. Still learning!
From Savannah, D
Sonomagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alberta Ron (07-21-2014), AnnieB3 (07-02-2014), Heat Intolerant (07-03-2014)