View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default neurocardiogenic syncope

That's what my test showed. I slept terrible last night....again, was very nervous and exhausted when I got there so my B/P was 201/110!!!! It went down and I waited for IV to get started, etc. So when doctor got there and the test started it was holding pretty steady in the 160s. She took it every 2 minutes! So after standing for the prescribed 20 minutes, the internet is wrong and not 45 minutes, she laid me down and gave me medicine to, as the docotr said, aggravate my heart and then stood me back up. Well actually it's 70 degrees. So it still stayed in the 160s and then went to the 120s. It was then I started feeling tingling in my hands, then heaviness in my arms and I knew from the way my head was feeling that it was going to happen. Then all of a sudden B/P was 79/40. So I ma going to see an electrophysiologist which is a cardiologist that specializes in the heart rhythm. I hope to get in with the same one that sees my husband for his atrial fibrillation. The doctor was very concerned about one of my B/P medicines. I take it at night and it is peaking about the time I am in church the next day. So that pill will now go to noon and one of my noon B/P pills will go to bedtime. I hope that works for now until I can see this new doctor and get all put in line. Some of the medicine used for this is Prozac and Effexor. I don't like that. My daughter was on Effexor and it was bad for her. I also read this does has genetic tendencies. Mince both my daughters have everything that my mother and sister and I have I imagine they will both have this also at some point.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-03-2014), clarkstar (07-21-2014), Darlene (07-03-2014), NurseNancy (07-03-2014), SallyC (07-02-2014), tkrik (07-02-2014)