View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dr. Donahue is looking through my chart again and then will decide if he will do my surgery. I also got a copy of my nerve conduction tests from when I was a baby because I had a brachial plexus injury in the right side from being born. I got all better, except I hold pencils kinda funny, that is the only remaining possible sign. I did just read it today and it said that my c5 and c6 nerve roots were damaged outside of the spine, I don't really know if this matters or not. Anyway, I've never noticed any problems, lol, not that I would know what I was supposed to feel like if that is the way I had always felt....This birth injury is part of the reason that Dr. Sanders decided to cancel the surgeries I had scheduled with them last February, which means there is a tendency to cherry pick since I am a "difficult" case.

For one whole week when I had both the anterior and median scalenes Botoxed I felt really good. I had energy, like someone who is normal must feel like. It was nice. . If Dr. Donahue won't do my surgery, he is willing to continue my botox indefinitely it seems, so becoming a homeless person in Boston is still an option.

On a happy note, my boyfriend has agreed to come with me for my surgeries and help pay part of the expenses!!! I was pretty sure he would, but just for shits and giggles I sent a group text message earlier today to my parents, brother, and sister to see if any of them would come with me for my first surgery....none of them responded at all.

Nurse Julie said she would call a social worker if I didn't have anyone to come with me so than arrangements could be made. It's a relief to know that's an option if needed.
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote