View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Omg...

My wife made me do it.... she placed this forum on my favorites page and told me I should read... I have had double vision for 19 months. Saw opto, opto neuro and then neurologist. I examined and found nothing wrong. In discussion before leaving his office, he gave scrip for Mestinon. IT WORKED. Life was getting better... until some weaknesses began last year. Went back to neuro. He did tests, tests, tests. All came back normal. Passed me off to an associate who gave me a half-assed examination and said it was all psychosomatic. Nice... I figured myself to be a nutcase and decided to endure.
My endurance has failed me more and more. Weakness in arms, legs. Swallowing issues increasing. Got Mestinon and it works, for awhile. Have to drive home at end of day with one eye closed.
As I read, I feel like I am not only one in this situation. Still, not really wanting to go back to a Dr. and have him tell me I am imagining all of this. Unfortunately, it is a drag. My loving wife is supportive but I hate having to lean...
Thanks for listening. Glad I am not alone, even if nothing else comes of it.
Jeffcaptaink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (09-03-2014)