View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Naturemade products are fine.

You can swallow the B12. Chew them up if they are flavored and follow with water. (you end up swallowing sublinguals anyway and your saliva contains the B12).

Presence of food however, impairs absorption.

I don't recall seeing studies on divided doses vs one large dose however. But logic tells me a larger dose will possibly be better, because there is more available for passive absorption, which is a physical process. However, the transcobalamin in the intestine may only be available in small amounts. That has not been fully researched yet.

Most of our members here report very high blood levels of B12 in testing using 5mg once a day on an empty stomach. So this is easy and does work...I just wouldn't complicate matters at this time with multiple doses which is confusing to many people and ends up with poor compliance as a result.
I think it is more important to take the B12 everyday, however, at this point. Skipping days will lower the concentration in the blood, and lower levels do not penetrate the CSF well where it is really needed. (CSF = cerebrospinal fluid)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote