View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticfrancis View Post
OK, so I figured out the key to what was ailing me, and it was inflammation. After cues from another neurotalk thread, about glycemic index, insulin levels, and its inclination to feed inflammation, I searched for other websites talking about anti-inflammation, concussions, and glycemic levels in food.

I had been for the past several months (starting before the very slight concussion incident) been hooked on these healthy popcorn chips, averaging 5-7-9 bags a week of the glorious munch food. Because I already had many food sensitivities, to wheat and dairy and most grains, I had to rely a lot on corn to feed myself comfortably. Corn I found out though from this recent search has a significant amount of glycemic levels, that is, it breaks down to spike blood sugar levels to a degree which precipitates some insulin cycle, fueling the fires of inflammation in the body.

Since finding this out I immediately stopped stuffing myself with corn, and replaced the culinary ritual of cornstuff with beans and greens, and fish. This switch to an anti-inflammatory diet was simple enough, because I'd been already sensitive and therefore avoiding the consumption of fried foods, dairy, wheats, and others that tend to be inflammatory. Also everyday at work I would drink one bottle of sugary vitamin water, which I aswell promptly stopped.

After the next 24 hours I began to noticeably feel a change in my general cognition. It was subtle, but I just felt that that had been the key to turning this illness towards the direction of a hopeful healing.

And since then I've been everyday slightly improving. I still avoid shaking my head with too sudden movements, and still with slow care dress myself and wash my hair, but I feel for the first time that I actually am healing and there is light at the end of this concussed tunnel.

I am still taking anti-inflammatory supplements, I still could be drinking more water. I am drinking green tea a few times a week and am surprised that the caffeine doesn't wreck me like the ibuprofen or vinpocetine did.

So I'm leaving this note to those fellow travelers who encounter a similar health obstacle: *edit*change your diet to an anti-inflammatory diet to the extreme like your livelihood depends on it!! (that is, no sugar or the potential allergens: corn, wheat, dairy, starches, fried foods, alcohol, etc. to choke out the inflammation.)

Here are links to reference your life changing for the better finally:

*edit*
I am struggling with the same thing (extreme sensitivity to car potholes and bumps) . I have been told on neurotalk that these dont count as sub concussive impacts and an impact means something even very slightly that "hits" your head and these jolts and bumps cant be severe enough to be called as subconcussive impacts. But I see people in this post suspecting them as subconcussive impacts. Please clear the confusion somebody ? I have to deal with these minor bumps and potholes everyday while going to office! Although I seem to be ok with them and i dont have any major symptoms except tinnitus and road sensitivity, i dont want any obstacle in my recovery that keeps me stuck at the same place or takes me backward while I am recovering

Last edited by Galaxy1012; 07-04-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote