View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufffee1 View Post
Hi,

I have a question about CSF and what effects if any it has on stomach/instestines. I have multiple gastro issues and still no cure or action to correct them. I have Celiac and on GF diet for years. I dont have chrons, IBS, lactose issues, ulceritive coloitis. But still have all the same symptoms, I am now talking about to my Dr about SIBO, small intestinal bacteria overgrowth which is controlled via antibiotic, probiotics and diet. My question is, dos the CSF effect our stomachs or intestines? Does anyone have any gastro issues, bloating, d, cramps, etc and been told it is because the CSF in your belly? I am found some vague information about the acidity of CSF and how it may effect stomach/intestine bacteria levels.

I know this post my same longwinded and sorry. Any help is appreciated.

I had a peritoneal cyst that caused significant GI symptoms which lead to having my gallbladder removed, which only solved the problem temporarily because the fluid was drained during the surgery so it wasn't discovered for another 5 years. My symptoms were similar to gastroperesis, i.e. full after only a few bites of food but also weird symptoms, like severe back pain after eating. Although I now have a VA shunt, because my peritoneum does not reabsorb CSF, I still get GI symptoms (insert PeptoBismol song) now and then related to my "unique abdominal landscape"
CSF has a high glucose content so infections can occur with fluid accumulation.

I don't know if that provided any insight into your problem other then to tell you that your concern is valid

Good Luck
Megan
MegAlfOCon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote