View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Hi all,

I am a former NT member/mod. My mom was dx'd yesterday with PD. She is very scared and I thought I would do some reading.

Any thoughts or suggestions for a newbie is appreciated. They gave her levodopa but she is afraid to take it and wants to start with 1 per day even though they told her 3 a day spaced out over 6 hours.

Shelley
I was scared of levodopa, too and kept putting off starting it. I finally got a prescription due to some encouragement I got on this site and then put it off some more because I couldn't find time in my schedule to risk feeling nauseous and miserable. I finally just ate a couple of saltine crackers and took my recommended dose of 1/2 of a 25/100 levo/carb pill and voila! no nausea but instead relief from pain and stiffness I was having. I've continued with the saltines and no problem. I'm kind of disappointed it hasn't helped my small motor though. I did have a depressive episode with crying last night but I have had this same trouble when starting the other two drugs I have taken, Azilect and Amantadine. The sky is blue again this morning though. I will step it up to a full pill on Monday and will keep you posted. Good luck to both of you! Kim
Canna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote