View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr. Feigenbaum's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn1 View Post
Hi Catrina,
I did not meet with Dr. F in person. It was a phone consultation. This made me leery also. He had all my files, MRI's, etc. but to recommend surgery without seeing me made me uncomfortable. Also he asked if sex relations were painful. I stated I was not sexually active. He writes on his report that sex relations are painful. This also made me leery. Dr. F. is considered an expert in the field regarding Tarlov cysts, but, as I stated before, I am not desperate at this time to relieve the off and on symptoms that are severe with surgery. If I was you, I would look into Dr. F's history of success with patients and see him in person. Do not do a phone consultation! Also, ask yourself if you will be better off having the surgery? How many cysts do you have and where are they? Have you been to a neurologist, pain education doctor, tried yoga and meditation, physical therapy. biofeedback? Operating on the spine is very invasive in which you could result with incontinence, bowel problems, nerve problems that could be worse than you have now. Try all options before considering surgery. If you are one of the lucky ones with good results after surgery, good for you!
Best of luck and I hope you find the right answer.
Kathryn1
Dr. Feigenbaum's office called me this week and asked how I am doing. I informed Laura, Office Manager that I was leery due to Dr. F's letter stated that sex was painful when it was not since I am not sexually active. Laura was very nice and stated will take this off my record. Also, that there must have been a miscommunication at the time. I was appreciative of her calling and probably was miscommunication. She stated if I had any questions or concerns to call her office anytime. Also, to reconsider surgery due to waiting could make my symptoms worse. I am seeing a different neurologist at the end of July for a second opinion and more information and maybe referral locally to a neurosurgeon for a second opinion. I am sure that Dr. F is highly qualified to operate on Tarlov cysts and I have confidence in him. I need more reassurance before proceeding to Tarlov surgery at this time. I am very scared!
Kathryn1
Kathryn1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote