View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Both me and my husband have advantage plans. When I first started mine it was $14/month and I really liked the co-pays and of course it had the free wellness screening such as mammogram, etc. Through the years it has steadily increased where it is now about $60, co-pays are still decent but now the wellness exams are all $50 Hubbies premium is $0. Yep, ou read it right $0/month. He also has decent co-pays but he has more restrictions on what doctor to see. For example, our own family doctor does to much in his office such as trim toenails, remove small lesions. AARP United healthcare doesn't like that and dropped him as a provider. Oh, he also sees his own nursing home and hospital patients and they say all that is a waste of his resources. So he continues to stay with our doctor and pays the non provider fee. It all works out in the end since he likes the monthly premium. I keep on saying i will change and I never do.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-07-2014), KittyLady (07-06-2014), Mariel (07-07-2014), msbluis (08-01-2014)