View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Does anyone feel their Dr's dont take them serious?

As most of you know my story already, does anyone feel they arent being treated properly by their Neurologist? I know I do. Youve read my posts about the constant headaches, brain fog, and confusion ect. Youve read about my seizure like episodes. But now that he has a normal 20 minute eeg, and a normal mri brain scan, it seems like hes even less interested. I dont know if its because its a wc case or not, but he wont give me the time of day. Just keeps saying yea they sound like seizures and yea you just need more rest because you should be healed by now.

Im at wits end, and I do not think I can get a second opinion at this point in time.

I mean, maybe he has bad bedside manner, and does understand? I know my cognitive therapist knows my deficit, as shes clearly told me that she has informed him of my memory and cognitive issues. I just worry that 7 months in (had a nightmare about it last night), and they may stop covering me because of the normal mri and normal eeg. I know some of you have mentioned a neuropsych test. Im not sure what that is, but my therapist has clearly said she knows my cognitive issues. Not sure if thats a leg to stand on though.

I just fear that im going to be sent back to work again still injured, like I was in May, not fully recovered, and hurt myself even more, just because he has a normal mri and normal eeg. They know that all I want is to go back to work, but at this stage, theres no way I can function normally with these headaches and foggyness.

Im fearing it big time right now, and really dont know what to do. I would gladly go back to work in a heartbeat, as long as they understand what I can and cannot do and for how long. But im starting to get the impression that the Dr thinks because I have a normal eeg and a normal MRI, that I must be crazy.

Thanks
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote