View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Wow….I just read all the post on this thread and I’m so amazed with all of you and what you are working through. I am also a caregiver for my hubby; he was diagnosed 28 years ago with Multiple Sclerosis. We have been together for over 14 years. When we met he could only walk short distances. I love him so much! In 2007 my dear Mom moved in with us. She was in slowly going through renal failure. She could take care of herself for the first few years. The last two years of her life she was so stricken with the bad stuff that comes with the disease. A week before she passed, I couldn’t care for her…she couldn’t get up from her chair, walking became very painful for her to do so there was nothing else I could do. She was in the nursing home for one week and she passed away. I got a phone call from a nurse at the home, she said Mom was nonresponsive. As I drove to the home I prayed with my Dad in mind. He passed away in 2004, cancer, he was 84. When my Dad was very close to death I told his hospice nurse that I needed to go home and get a bite to eat and get my knitting…it was my turn to sit with Dad through the night. I didn’t even make it to my home when I got a phone call from the nurse to tell me he was gone. I felt so bad because I wasn’t there with him. The nurse told that she had seen this happen often. Dad didn’t want to go with his little girl there and knew I would be with him through the night so he left while I was gone… (Sorry about the long post) Back to when I was driving to Mom at the nursing home…I started to talk to my Dad, I said Dad if Mom is like you and doesn’t want to die with me there you better take her quick because I was going to stay with her until she did go. I drove into the parking lot and ran to the door to be met by a nurse. She said that when she saw me drive in she looked at Mom and she was gone. I stayed with he for about an hour. I called some family and then went home. I will never regret having her for her last six years of her life…even when things got really bad we would look at each and just laugh. Sometimes I would get so frustrated I would go outside and scream. One time I yelled to Dad what can I do…the thought came to me as if Dad was talking to me…he said, “Love her as I do”. I got to know her so much more than any of my siblings. She is my Angel Mama just hangin out with Daddy in Heaven. My sweetheart always says, “In heaven you will wear a crown with uncountable jewels on it for all you have done for your Mom and for him.

Bless you all for all the sacrificing you do each day for your loved one!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-06-2015), Diandra (07-08-2014), ger715 (07-13-2014)