View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Red face

Hi, I'm Jenn. I would have to write a novel to tell my entire story.
Firstly, I should note that I also suffer from severe Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. The wonderful sleep disorders team at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida take great care of me.
I began having nerve entrapments - one after the other. After they healed with physical therapy, the pain increased. Long story short, I was diagnosed last month by my incredible anesthesiologist, with CRPS II. It's spread to my entire body, with autonomic testing done; and dystonia, at Mayo Clinic confirming all my symptoms but coming up with no name for my mystery pain.
Honestly, I'm a bit frightened after reading up on CRPS. Also, relieved. Relieved that I finally have a diagnosis, frightened and relieved (depending on the problem) that many issues I've dealt with for five years have been CRPS all along.
I don't use my laptop much due to the arm pain, but a sympathetic nerve block helped with range of motion. Because of this, my iPhone is my constant companion.
I'm 33, married (although my spouse gave up on me and not supportive in any way), have a six-year-old son with high-functioning Autism. I've been trapped like a rat in a cage, on SSDI since October 2010. My last day of work was January 23, 2008.
Well, I'm looking forward to lurking around a bit to absorb your insight and knowledge. Beside my health problems, I'm a friendly person with a great sense of humor. We need to laugh, right?
Thanks, everyone.
frequentfaller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote