View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up the good & the bad

Do we breathe through the hard times? Pray for that light at the end of the tunnel? I cant help but ask sometimes, "God, why am i in this?" I am with a man that has a severe brain injury. Three years ago it happened...and was not expected to live. Too much damage, swelling, etc. He did and he is an amazing person. What an inspiration. But every day is a struggle for him- b/c he doesnt recognize who he is. He is not whatsoever the same person he was prior accident. But everyday he gets up and finds someone to help in this community we live in. He is so loved by so many. BUT!!!!! There are mood swings, inability to discuss "certain" topics b/c it will stress him out and he says, "if we talk about it i could have a seizure." And the anxiety ensues. There is also lying....the lying seems second nature. And NEVER even if caught will admit to the lie. So ya, the good with the bad. Ive signed up to see a counselor for both of us. It can take its tole - when u are the person who helps the most, does most everything and then are treated disrespectfully. Not easy. My heart goes out to you women with tbi husbands/boyfriends. Stay strong.
Bigsky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (07-07-2014), Tina Demes (07-11-2014)