View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Unless you've endured tinnitus, it's hard to imagine how horrible it can be. Both my ears ring, constantly. I also have shooting pain and intermittent deafness. I struck my head right in the area of my temporal lobe and my auditory nerve is damaged.

I try to manage the tinnitus by distracting myself with white noise. I must say, that I really, really miss moments of genuine silence. If you find an effective treatment for this condition, please share it.

That said, I would caution you from jumping into anything too invasive or experimental. You are relatively early in your recovery, and this problem might still resolve itself spontaneously.

Your symptoms seem too limited to indicate widespread damage. I have problems with vision, memory, speech, seizures, balance, senses of smell, taste and touch, anger, anxiety, depression, focus, motor skills, etc..., etc..., etc...

As you say, these injuries are difficult to image. One of the best way to identify your deficits, and target your therapy/treatment, is to undergo a neuro-psych exam.

TBI can rob us of insight and self-awareness. That means that you could have problems you don't even recognize.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote