View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Mariel,

First let me say how sorry I am for the loss of your husband. It was heart warming to hear how you expressed that he did not have to linger and suffer and that you were spared that financial ruin as well.

Yes, sometimes, we only find out what IS and IS NOT covered by experience. There is so much "double talk" in the paperwork we are supplied regarding our coverage. I had the same coverage and insurance for over a decade and knew very well what was covered and what was not but I changed insurance at the begi8nning of this year. I read all the information given to me as to what my coverage included and did not include.

My plan states that it covers eye doctor when you have an existing eye disease but it does NOT cover an eye doctor for routine vision test if you just need glasses or contacts.

My doctor told me that glasses would be of no help and I should schedule surgery. I do not wear glasses or contacts.

OK, I have cataracts (which are covered) and went to the eye doctor. My insurance did not pay because they also "tested" my vision to see how much my cataracts have limited it. They said that since my vision was tested, it was NOT covered.

It was covered under my old plan, sounded like it was covered under my NEW plan, but that was not how the verdict came down.

How does one see an eye doctor without them testing your vision?

Guess the insurance companies use that as a loophole to make you think you have coverage when you don't.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Frog42 (07-07-2014), KittyLady (07-07-2014), SallyC (07-07-2014)