View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all,

Although I haven't posted much on this forum, I have been an avid follower learning along the way. I'm very blessed to have learned a lot from this site and have seen continued improvements. The concussion world is a ever changing confusing topic (pun intended .)

Quick recap- My concussion was on Oct 26, 2013 playing rugby, I whip-lashed and hit the back of my head. I suffered from PCS for a little over 8 months now. Been through a number of symptoms including Depression/Anxiety/Headaches/Exhaustion/etc. I have never suffered like this and I have a new level of sympathy for others who deal with these same problems.

I'm close to having my life back to what it was pre-concussion. No more depression, I've been staying positive, no anxiety, and fewer headaches.

One thing in particular has been stressing me out. I haven't been able to work out. I'm not trying to max out lifts or become the world's strongest man, but slowly get back into having the ability to life (I've been starting with 1/10 the weight I used to lift). It's been a cat and mouse game. If I don't do anything I feel like I'm getting stagnant and losing weight/strength, if I hit the limit where I did too much it's an immediate 1-2 week set back.

I am wondering if anyone else has this same problem. It sounded like Canadoc mentioned his inability to lift without raising the ICP levels. I can relate, it feels like a throbbing headache and is definitely my brains way to tell me to take it easy.

I'm just looking for people who are dealing with this same type of problem and/or people who have been through this and saw improvements. What have you done, other than rest, to get back into this.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or stories.

Continued healing to all on here, B.
bschmucker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote